Sounds like everything is going great at home save it be a few here or there things. I hope you all enjoyed the email last week!! This past week has been nothing but work again and "yagba" which means busy work. Even today my companion and I were going to take our whole p-day and go do some shopping for apartments when bam! The truck that they gave us won't start. We tried jumping it and a couple other jimmmy handy things but nothing ever happened to it. Wo we started to push start it just when a backyard mechanic came to our rescue... he too said we should push it or "jog with it so it will run faster" I asked him if we could confuse him to the gospel and he said yes afta wok. haha ohhhh salone. Now we're just typing as fast as we can to get back to the work and get things in place for the upcoming transfers whilst they are working on the truck. Hopefully they get it fixed.. if not we'll just be paying for transportation and more adventures on bike. We had a total of 6 lessons to investigators last week and one of them was a young man mohamad. mohamad is such a sweet guy who seems to know every story in the bible and tell us what the people were thinking when the story was happening. haha well he has been coming to church twice and said that he prefers latta days choch pass any other choch in salone..... except his own church. He said "The Flamming Bible Church is my first choice and latta days is my second choice." WHAT!!! this young man see's the whole truth and understands the needs of all these things that we have been showing him and then he says its his second "choch"!!! it was a disappointing answer that we received and we were shocked... what do we say not? what do we do? haha we invited him to pray again and ask God to show him exactly what we are saying. We also invited him to repent so he may feel the spirit more in his life to get that divine answer that he needs from the Almighty.
Transfers are coming up and should be out to us on wednesday and we'll give to the rest of the mission on Friday. I'm really excited for them and to see what big changes are going to happen. who knows maybe I'll be released from being an assistants. I'll just have to stop taking my doxy and not sleep under my net anymore and maybe president will take me out of here!! haha just kidding mom!!!!
Well I just want to share with you guys something that was said at our mission leadership council meeting. Elder Stanford shared this with me and it helped me to understand something that I have been wondering about and why. profound really-- when the spirit confirms the truth of something unto ones soul and one has the earnest feeling that comes from it, no money no persuasion nor earthly power can separate that man from the knowledge he has gained of the love God has for that individual. When I heard this the spirit confirmed everything to me. I finally knew or gained a greater insight on why I am here in this part of the world doing what I am doing. The first time I started reading The Book Of Mormon, I could never quote to you what I read but I could tell you what I felt and knew. Dad all those times you asked me how my reading was going I never did give you a straight answer but I assure you I was reading! I testify of the truthfulness power and divinity of The Book Of Mormon and I know for a surety that its true and no earthly power, persuasion nor money could detour me from denying it!
Hey family I can't wait to see you soon!! hahahaha
ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment