Hey mom and dad wow it was nice to hear all your voices and things. I am really happy and really ready for the work again for the next couple of short months just recharged and ready to tell people that families can be together forever.
| Bo East Zone May 2013 |
So this past week has been so good we had that trip to Bo and we had a good week playing futbol where I scored one goal! haha not much but I'm trying. The instruction we got from President and Sister Roggia was a unique one. this time President Roggia started his address off. "Now I want you all to think very selfishly during this conference". The instruction was on planning and tithing. They basically told us how to be successful in life and how they have been successful. It really opened my eyes to new things that I want to plan for and even set goals for. That is something that I loved to to before but it has really helped me know how to effectively do then and plan for them. They even talked about the kind of qualities that we should be looking for in a future wife or things that we want to see in our families. I tell you I was filled with the spirit. He also talked about tithing and how this eternal principle is all about faith not about money and worth. It's true very true. Then after being uplifted our zone leaders brought out packages and letters! What one was for me!! The following days were spent, my companion and I tearing it open and making ourselves sick in two days!
| Bo East Zone May 2013 Fun Take |
So as we went to church again the Branch Presidency came to me and asked if I would give the closing remarks in sacrament. I thought mayn it seems as if it was just last week where I gave an address in sacrament. Well I was asked to speak on missionary work.. (simple topic seeing as such that i am a missionary) so again being unprepared I stood at the stand and gave a talk. I guess all that extemporaneous speaking contests really paid off! Too bad I never put my heart into it so I could shine like my boy Hunter Holt! (stud) and go to state.
Anyway-- later that day one recent convert wanted us to visit her. Well she lives in the village. So after my companion had made his Mother's day phone call home we went on our journey out there. I wasn't happy about going all the way out there but I figured that it would probably be the last time that I go out there in my time here. After the lesson sister Monica (by far the most weird convert I've had) whispers quietly and laughing saying, "I go for sugar cane bring em come for you?" I thought why not so I shook my head to indicate yes. She excitedly jumped off the bench and ran jumped over the stream and went into the nearby bush. We could still see her and she was trying to pull down what seemed like a tree. Few minutes later Monica brought us a sugar cane.... that was 10 feet tall!! Laid it at our feet and expected us to take it all. haha we only ended up talking a good 4 foot piece home!
Love,
Elder Hales
No comments:
Post a Comment