Before reading this weeks email from Elder Hales I feel prompted to state Elder Hales has twins sisters named Brooke and Bailey.
I can't believe that another week has gone by and I am still in Kenema the city that I love! I love hearing about the small stories from home it really sounds like so much fun ;) So I have some good news I received the package on my birthday that day! What a blessing that was and how I loved it so much! It was opened small when I got it but I think that I received everything in it. The next time that we will be going to conference is May 9 in Bo again! I am excited to get out of Kenema for a small time. But no I have not got any malaria and no I will not get malaria as well! haha I take my doxy everyday and I don't forget, its just a part of me now.... maybe I'll take it when I get home. haha No just kidding I won't do that! And I sleep under my net without fail... sometimes (hahaha unless we have to do some business and teaching during the middle of the night if you know what I mean!) Oh how I love my journal that you had made for me and surprisingly we used it in our district meeting as a tool to use out teaching. Our new idea for teaching is to have our investigators, commit to starting a journal and a genealogy of their families and to even write all their spiritual things down that they hear and see from the Lord. I think this is a great idea as I have tried it small small and it has truly brought so much more True conversion! So the journal thing is awesome and I want to challenge everyone in the family and friends to start a journal if you don't have one and to continue one if you do. I so wish I would have wrote things down in high school mayn I had fun and I have had some super spiritual times that I never recorded and I know everyone all has those times that they wish they had down on paper so do it, just do it!
Anyway but this past week has been super sweet! We have been crazy busy preparing for a baptism and trying to get out branch missionaries out with us more. Everywhere in Kenema was without water and my companion and I let all the water we had into the font of IDA branch (the branch that I am in) so the other branches in the district joined us. And I tell you it was such a sweet service! My companion and I got to see 3 of my favorite investigators at this time, and one of them was his birthday on the same day as mine so it was kind of a double bonus for him. He was so happy that he could be baptized for his birthday. He threw his hands up into the air and jumped off the bench while we were teaching him and yelled I thank Jesus for this time!! haha Well later on the walk to the next teaching appointment I told Mishek that we didn't need to thank Jesus like that, but rather go on your knees at night and thank him. haha I tell you the spirit makes people do some weird things when they feel it strong in their lives... also this week while meeting with one of our recent converts (Sister Safiatu) he sister joined in on a lesson about the scriptures and then they randomly asked me to give her newly born of two days a name..... uuuuuuuuuaahaahh?!! I said, "Sister Safy nah true something?" and she said yes. So I thought and thought and thought. Well I couldn't name the child after Brooke cause brook means to wash clothes.. so I said Bailey? And they wrote it down and then they wanted me to bless the child and give her that name at church on Sunday !! aaaaahhhh I thought. Well I inquired of the lord in a moment of a matter and was brought to my remembrance of the naming of a child.. well at least one of the parents must be a member to give her a name in the church. Well I told them that and then she said it didn't matter cause she wants to be baptized and follow her sister to the church. She said the reason being for her not to go to church was casue she said that she been get belly. haha Well so Bailey I named a child after you!!! haha Bailey almost sounds like a Teminii name anyway! but other than that we are doing really good here in Kenema and in Africa I love my mission and am so glad that I came here!
ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment