Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Amen Baptism, Small Power, Thankful for Sleeping Net

Elder Barth, Elder Chemhuru, Elder Hales and Elder Richardson in Kenema Easter morning at the Simbeck Branch. (sitting on the stairs into the outside baptismal font)

If you are reading Elder Hales blog he wants all of you you to know he is doing great and loves to hear from everyone.  You can now email him direct since mission rules have changed.  His email address is dillon.hales@myldsmail.net

  As for the families we are teaching we have to get them married they are living together and not married yet and that's a big problem here so the whole family baptisms are going to have to hold off for a little bit but it will be sweet after! we are bucketing water into our baptismal font still and that just makes baptisms so much more rewarding. I got the blessing to be able to baptize a lady named Safiatu this week... well here's how the prayer went   "Safiatu Jabaty having been......" " amen" "commissioned of'' "amen" haha she kept saying amen after everything she was just so excited about it and after I said amen she basically jumped backwards into the water. luckily I have done quite a few baptisms now so I know how to handle people in terms of the ordinance  (meaning how to get their whole body soaked so it only has to be done once) haha she was so excited and I have spent the past 4 months teaching her. her life has changed so much and the gospel in her life as made a huge difference in the way she treats her children now. this gospel is so true!!

 It has started to rain small small about once a week or every two weeks. its nice to have things cool down a bit. to prepare for the "transition" to rainy season I planted some corn in the compound and I am so amazed to see how fast this stuff is growing.. a lot faster than home. my corn is now about 5-6 inches tall and I planted it last Tuesday ! hopefully before I get transferred I get to eat some of it!.. haha if not then it will just turn into a lesson about being and eternal principle on faith and how to grow a seed haha oh missionaries. the other day we were in our companionship studing and we heard the community just start shouting and yelling.... yep that meant that power is now in supply! haha well I adjusted our fans and turned on the light just to enjoy a matter of 10 mins of national power. haha but I'm sure power will come more and more in rainy season. but no power no problems!!-- last week we were able to go hiking. my arms and legs got all cut up from the razor vines. haha it was like a jungle.... wait yeah it is a jungle. hanging out with the district telling stories and thoughts on life and the gospel was fun. surprisingly we didn't see any cool animals.. just bugs. big bugs!! --quick story the other day after my nights prayer before I crawled under my net to sleep I saw there was a dead spider on my net.... a big spider. (now reader take you hand from your key board or mouse.. open it..) yes it was the size or my palm or your palm!!! big spider. but I thank the lord for allowing the mission to provide our nets and the chemicals on them to kill bugs. I dunno about you guys but I like sleeping bug/visitor free!!
  Also in a couple of months would you mind sending me some new insoles for my shoes... the ecco insoles. just the leather ones that you cut to size those are the best. anyway just a small thought if not its not bad i can manage these just fine! haha anyway tell the family hello and that i miss them all so much and am so thankful for all the letters that keep me going and the uplifting things they tell me!
LOVE YOUR BOY DILL

No comments:

Post a Comment