Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Africa Dream, Prophet John and New Mission President.

 Sounds like things are doing great at home and that the farm is just booming crazy with work! I miss it so bad and wish that I could help.  But I think that the ancestors of the people of Sierra Leone are helping the crops grow so much! haha this week has really just flown right on by.  We have been really focusing our efforts on all those people who will be receiving baptism in the month of July and it looks as if we will be having some sweet conversions!  We weren't able to see that family as much as we would have liked to but the Jabaty family came to church again and they keep saying that it is their church!  I am so happy to have some investigators be a complete family.  The district is planning on going on a temple trip in November  this time they are going to fly to Ghana.  I was amazed to hear such a thing cause that will be a once in a life time experience for some of these people and a good one for them to remember.  I haven't been able to meet our new mission pres but I think on Saturday we will be able to get that done.. OH also I met prophet john!  The same prophet that kicked Elder Sumrack in Freetown!  It was too bad but I wasn't able to get kicked by him.  But we didn't provoke him at all or anything like that. I tell you being the district leader is just making my time just fly by and I don't know how to enjoy time. haha just kidding.

I am feeling so good this week and have had no problems in my health.  I am just thankful for the priesthood and the bearers of it that they are worthy to call and use it!  So this week I will be finishing reading the Book of Mormon for the second full time on my mission. and I know it is true.  Its so simple that even a child may understand and so deep that not can there be any man that will master the teachings found in it!  We had zone conference on Friday of last week and what a wonderful thing that was!  To hear from President and Sister Roggia for the last time while on mission.  They really spoke with such power and told us many things that have changed my life.  They will forever be a part of my life and a great rock to turn unto in help and need. I pray that we all as missionaries may be able to embrace our new mission pres. as we did the last one and that he too can accept us his missionaries with open arms!

So one of our recent converts Sister Dorcas Favor, while in a lesson shared with us something that was so heartfelt.  We went after church to teach her and we were asking her if she could help us teach one of her friends that she brought to the church.  But she told us that before we taught anything she would like to share something with us that had happened during the week.  We opened with prayer and excited as ever she went off.  She told us that she one night was reading the Bible before she slept and took the Book of Mormon and thought about reading it too.  She read something in 3 Nephi and then went to bed.  She in her prayer asked to know if the Book of Mormon was true.  The answer that she received was again through a dream.  The dream was with my companion and I we were teaching her the gospel in a lesson and Jesus was there with us and she asked if the Book of Mormon was true and Jesus (sitting next to me) said "Yes" and then she woke up.  Speechless we sat there with her in silence.  What a wonderful dream it was and such a sweet confirmation to have that the Book of Mormon is true.  I will forever remember that dream that she had. It really helped me think about how I got my answer to the Book of Mormon.  Those are all special times in a persons life.!   Again I thank the Lord for this time that I have had on a mission and I look forward to the next 12 short ones!

love ELDER HALES

No comments:

Post a Comment