This week has been great! We had a sweet conversion of Sidikie Saccoh he is a young man with a powerful testimony ready to serve the Lord as a deacon! We have an investigator named Issac and he has been investigating the church for a while now and really wants to be a member. When I showed up to the area I told my companion that there should be no delays in his conversion. Well we scheduled his baptism for two weeks later. He told us that he wanted to invite is friend to the church. Well on Sunday he came and brought the friend and his whole family!!!! The man the wife and two kids. One 10 and the other 13 as they came into the church with a gleam in their eyes, the spirit confirmed to me that they will shortly be members of this church with the effort of my companion and I. Well after church my companion and I went to brother Issac to meet him and the family. The family said they all want to be members of the church and asked if even their kids can be baptized!!! YES finally a whole family that wants to be baptized! I am so happy to hear that. But it was rather unfortunate that we found out that brother Issac isn't married to the women he is staying with so he needs to be married before he can baptize. So there's blessings and opposition in the work and even with this story. But its nothing that is too big or great for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to fix!
Onto other story, there was one night that we were closing out our numbers and the rain started to come really really hard. Harder than I have ever seen in Utah. And after closing out numbers we all went out in the compound and took showers in the rain... haha it was dark and our compound has a big big wall around it with razor wire over the top of it so we don;t have to worry about people seeing us! But it made us all feel like the little kids that are here when the rain comes. You see them just running around rejoicing in the rain and loving cause they don't have to go to the well or stream to get water to wash with. haha I guess everyone has a inner child in them and ours came out when the rain came this week! -- I just want to give a shout out to all those who have prepared themselves for missions. My family told me of all the calls that have been out in the ward and I have even heard from others of mission calls. I just want to tell you that it is the best decision you have made in your life. The places where you go may or may not be easy but just know that if you turn to the Lord he will help you learn your purpose quickly and you'll get to work. For me it was hard to get used to this work and to really feel comfortable where I am at I won't lie. I struggled seriously but I bare you my testimony that you will be okay and you can handle the work that you have embarked on! The Lord and His Gospel are true!
ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment