Monday, June 17, 2013

Happiness for 200 years, Wrestling and Learning Bo Area


Elder Hales cutting Elder Edwards Hair  (Clothes washing buckets in the background)
Thanks you Sister Edwards for sharing all pictures on this post.

 This week has been a super quick week and time is really just cruising on by. The day it passed one year I thought I would have a big celebration or something but that didn't happen we just ate rice and potatoes as a district.  That was fun.  But I did wrestle Elder Clawson the same way that Elder Barth and I did in Kenema. Mayn that guy he has power!  My whole 120 against his 180-190 just really moved me all around all side. But it was a fun night and then I had a good dream so I guess that makes it one year eh? Nothing really that great happened this week that was too exciting.  The only thing was, one of our recent converts Brother Joseph, after his baptism we had a lesson with him and he bore his testimony of the gospel to us and how it has changed his life so much.  He had lost both of his parents in the same month and then stayed with his grandpa.  Well within that same year his grandpa died and then he felt as if he had nothing.  At that point in time of his life he didn't know what to do.  He started to go to churches but he just didn't feel any different until he was invited to come to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  After that one visit the missionaries met with him and he said ever since then he felt as if he had a purpose in life and to stay in the church.... it was so nice to hear something like that for me to really confirm my testimony of the truthfulness of the Church and how simple it is in the gospel.
Elder Hales, Elder Clawson, Elder Edwards

I tell you dakey things are great out here!  If only I could describe to you what I see and feel everyday. there's no doubt in my mind that the Lord is there and that god lives..

 But I am still getting to know the area and understand it well.  The missionary before me who was training Elder Tucker was crap and didn't keep records and left this area all in a mess.  But look who the Lord sent to clean and clear apostasy... well this guy!   I am finally understanding my area and where all the roads and things are.  Its hard cause there is no mountains or anything and I don't have a compass to tell me what way is north south or east. haha but I;m getting it more and more!

If I was to share something with you this week it would be the reality of my personal studies that I had this week.  I was reading in the Book of Mormon in 4 Nephi about how the Nephites lived in peace and happiness for a space of 200 years...!   200 years and nothing was bothering them or the people.  I applied that in how I could raise a family and I knew just what I needed to do and that was to raise them in righteousness with the lord!

   I hope the farm work is just cruising along.  When I came here to Bo I found that the missionaries even planted corn here too!  So I'll get to enjoy these here.  We're even going to plant a couple more pineapple bushes in our compound as well. so I guess you could say that I'm doing the farm work here.!
ELDER DILLON VERN HALES

P.S. Hey sorry I forgot to answer some questions of yours.  The pictures with Elder Dickson, I was in on an interview with people so that is why I am not in the picture.  But I did get to sit down with him one on one and talk with him and he really helped me gain a more firmer testimony and he does greet the whole family and thank them for their faithfulness!

Kenema District Apartment a few months back



No comments:

Post a Comment