| Somewhere in the City Bo, Sierra Leone |
![]() |
| Some Diamond Office in the City Bo, Sierra Leone |
As a district leader I haven't done too much. All I have to do is take care of the apartment needs and the money and interviews and coordinate exchanges and things. I do have sisters in my district. just one companionship and I have to watch over their apartment as well. I have to interview investigators for baptism and qualify them. I did my fist interviews the other day and it looks like I will have to do interviews every single week and maybe a couple times during the week. My district is really going good with conversions! Crazy to think that the lord trusts me to judge his children to see if they are willing to make and eternal commitment and covenant with him. But when in the interview it was all the spirit of the Lord and I tell you its such a sweet calling. I love working and that's what this requires. I love this work but its going to take some time right now to adjust to this "city" life I guess. I feel like I am a villager, Kenema was like a village. I can't even imagine what it is going to be like the time that I come home. Crazy!! I'll just close my eyes
My companions name is Elder Tucker he is a boy from Idaho and he is very very excited to do the work of the Lord. I am finishing his training! He is 19 and likes Chevy and is a down home boy. He talks just like I did when I was home. I feel that I really understand him very well with all the terms that he uses. Just like I was on the farm again! It is fun to see how he is so much different than my last companion and training him is going to be a whole different game than Elder Chemhuru. Mayn I miss that guy he was so fun to be with! I don't really know my area and my companion knows it small. Our area book was left unorganized so we are facing so small challenge but with the help of the Lord we will find the ones that are prepared by the Lord.. It was hard leaving my last area and going away from some people that I probably won't see ever again in this life. But that's just part of missionary work I guess. I am back in the same apartment as Elder Clawson!!!!! He is such a good example to me each and everyday! I love him with all my heart. He is my zone leader! There is only 6 elders in the apartment, so it's someone lonely. ha ha
Hey so Elder Barth has now gone home. I wasn't able to give him a card to take home I was planning on it but failed to do so. But he will come down to the house and contact you and sit and tell stories with the family and friends who want to. I told him that I would have you guys prepare some real beef for him to take home. So I hope you have some nice steaks and hamburger to give him. Can you do that for me? That would be sweet. He wants to come meet with you guys so be looking out for his call I gave him your number. So give him small time to get settled in and he will then come see you guys maybe next week or two weeks! Elder Barth taught me a lot on my mission and he became one of my best friends on mission.
I love you so much and thank you for all you are doing for me and my future and my life! This gospel is true, just like what I told McKay, I don't know what I would be like if I wouldn't have picked up that old dirty Book of Mormon out of the farm truck... God is great and this life is sweet when followed with the right principles!
ELDER HALES

No comments:
Post a Comment