Now the first important thing I want to do is give that ole my boy a name (Dillon's new horse). Kosombo. here in Sierra Leone it means great fighter. You say it just as it is spelled ko-so-m-bo. ko like coke. so like so m like m and like bo. Kosombo. That's the name that I think. Kosombo, cowboy, or Malachi. My wounds are healing. No I wasn't wearing a helmet. But by the grace of God, I am okay.
This week was just so fast I really don't remember anything that happened. One fun story that we had was Elder Beckett and I went to the blind school to teach a recent convert named Jacob. Jacob knew everywhere in this compound and he could even run! We had a fun teaching moment with him and on Sunday we went and picked him up from school so he could come to church. It was a nice 30 minute walk to church and we had a good time talking. He couldn't get over the fact that yes there were also blind people in america and that they even can marry and have children. I told him that a white women married a blind man and he was just so excited that it was happening. He said "the world is changing now!" as he shook my arm walking. He has a bible that he can read in brail and he reads faster than me! But after church service we were taking him home when he told us he wanted to go to the internet cafe. For what I asked him. To check his email he replied. We called his head master to tell him and ask him. He said yes. So we called a bike for him and he went off. Before getting on I asked. Do you have money Jacob. Don't worry about it Elder Hales I'll be okay.... off he went. "Did we just send a blind man on a motorcycle?" Elder Beckett joined in, "Yes to an internet cafe to check his email, on Sunday when it's not open?" Yes and without money I replied. ha ha oh that was my week. The only sweet or cool thing that I could really share with you guys. But just know that Christmas is coming up and I'm going to be dancing azoonto! ha ha ha ha Christmas any holidays here are just celebrated with loud music and dancing! Not much of a dancer but I'll try! As for the loud music I always think of grandpa "DA#$ kids can't ever have some quiet time" ha ha you see everyone here even the oldest of grandparents and friends just listening to the latest rappers and the loudest it will go! Don't worry grandpa I'm coming home soon with some loud music!!!
I love you all mom and I hope that you know I am doing good. I am just overwhelmed with the idea that I can't learn enough while I am out on a mission and can't ever thank you and dad for choosing to get married in the temple and raise your children in the ways of the Lord. The church is true and I don't know why people aren't just running after it and dedicating their lives to serving the Lord. For He is merciful unto all and wants all to return and live with Him once more in his kingdom.
LOVE your boy ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment