Hey Dad,
What a fun a great week we had out here in Kenema! So busy really! We have not stopped teaching people!! The time that we wanted to do something else of our own free will the Lord just put more work into our way and we are not turning it down!! This week we have really focused a lot on recent converts and teaching them the lessons over again and in more depth. Now that they have received the gift of the Holy Ghost they should and will retain more knowledge and really have the spirit to confirm and strengthen truths that were taught not only by us missionaries but by our heavenly father in the premortal realm. Doing these things has brought me so much happiness and joy this week. To see the convert light up with joy as more light comes into their heart is one of the greatest things that I could ask for. Being in Kenema is just like coming home. So many familiar faces that I have seen and it’s just like I am relaxed back doing what I love now. Ha-ha makes me think of moving here someday! Could I do that? Probably but I would miss too much my family! Also I went with one Elder to his area to do an interview for a baptism for them... upon my arrival I found a familiar house that I had once visited. I wasn't thinking anything of it when out walks one of the converts that I baptized!! It was Teresa. She was the one that we baptized in the gardening water pool in February! (Garden pool) But the greatness of the story isn't over just yet. She was wearing glasses and holding a book in her hands... she can’t read. What’s she doing? Hopefully she’s not just doing that to impress me or the missionaries. I asked her what she was doing with that then she said reading. Ha-ha then she sat me down and read the book to me. Wow!! The church had taught her how to read and she was going to teach on Sunday! It was so happy to be able to see something like that. Truly the highlight of my week!!
My companion and I are going great one with another when I think of my companion and I think of Amos 3 verse 3 read it ha-ha we are just having a good time and working hard.
So the past weeks and last week with Elder Becket I want to tell a small story. Well we were going to a place where we like to eat and this time we got a nice sauce to go onto of our rice. It is called groundnut. Basically like peanut butter with rice. Ha-ha but what was really interesting was Elder Becket was enjoying it a lot. When he asked me... what kind of meat it this. I thought well. Simply it’s going to be cat or goat. That what she always cooks for us. Ha-ha but his own piece was a little hairy... ha-ha and he asked me saying I don’t think this is goat... well we later discovered it was some rocky mountain oysters!!! Haha he didn't want to eat them.. I said don’t worry I'll eat them for you. But being Elder Beckett and the sweet guy that he is he just took them down with me and we shared! Oh I miss Elder Beckett! He’s such a fun guy.
Dad, Baby Saylor looks like you!!! That's what I saw when I saw the picture of her.
Anyway dad I am still just working hard and trying to learn as much as I can and apply those things. I love you and I love the whole family so much!!
Love ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment