Monday, February 11, 2013

Africa Dreams

Sister Roggia is looking at all the Elders pics on their cameras!! These are the Elders in the Kenema Apartment!!
Hey guys so this week has been such a .... well confusing and wonderful week in Sierra Leone. so this week we have been preparing to have a baptism of two candidates  the one boy is a young man of 20 years old. his name is Vandy, is a friend of the boy Joseph I talked about earlier, who (yes received the priesthood, and was called to be a branch missionary!!!) anyway, on Sunday of last week I had a dream, in my dream I was out helping a lady water her garden and I woke up so confused cause it rarely happens that I have a dream where I am in Sierra Leone. Usually its always of me back at home on the farm or something random.... anyway, well Tuesday night my companion and I got cancelled on our last appointment and we just decided to go home early. As we were walking home we went a different way home. As we were walking though some gardens we came across a lady watering a garden! Yes the same lady I had seen in my dream. I turned to my companion and said this is not right. I have seen this before companion, we are here to help this lady water that garden.  As we started talking to her and finding more about her, we came across the place where she was getting water from.. It was a small pool of water that was about 10 feet around.. The thought and prompting that came to my mind was. " This is where you and your companion will have the next baptismal service" so I asked the lady how deep the pool was and after talking with her more, she agreed to let us use the pool of water for a baptism!!!! So yes the dream i had was a revelation to us!  Now the water side is just only about 1 minute walk away from the chapel!  Saturday came and we had a wonderful and one of the most spiritual baptisms that I've had on my mission!!  As I was going to be the "john the baptist" I entered the water starting to clean few debry  away and Vandy the young man said " Elder Hales its okay lets just do this thing already I've waited too long for this to happen" haha I kind of laughed and the baptism was so sweet!  The moral of this story is, Yes the lord will answer our prayers even through dreams!  One thing I have noticed is the people of Sierra Leone receive answers to their own prayers through dreams.  Well I guess I'm just becoming more and more like a Sierra Leonean everyday!!! 
  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this divine opportunity to be here on a mission.  A Mission is one of the greatest things a young man or young women will ever do!  I know this work is true I know that I have the greatest mission in the world!! , I know that my Savior and Redeemer lives!  

Elder Hales Sierra Leone Freetown mission

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great kid you have got there! The Spirit radiates from him...even from his letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, He is one great son and doing very well right now.

      Delete
  2. That is an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I just shared this in my family home evening.

    ReplyDelete