The other day my companion and I were walking across a swamp and over a futball field when a girl from afar yelled to us ''hey is that a bible'' and she came running over to us. We explained that is was the Book of Mormon. (cause I love having one in my hand to show everyone all the time) she said she would like to read it sometime and asked where she could get one. I laughed, gave he a big smile (the one my mom loves of coarse) and told the girl that she could have this one.. we wrote our names and a small testimony in the back and gave to her took her address and explained that we would come and visit her at her house sometime... a week went by and we went to meet with her.. unfortunately she wasn't there.. the house that we were at we knew there was a pastor that lived there. We asked the grandmother who greeted us if we could share some things that we knew was true about God. ha ha to our surprise she couldn't speak English nor Krio. So I being a little proud tried to speak another tribal language, Mende well that didn't work out too well.. just at that time the pastor (Brother Garbiel) came out to see what was going on. We then addressed him and had a super spiritual lesson of the restoration. Leaving him with the testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith Pamphlet. Now we have met that man and his whole family and we are teaching them the lesson. All because that girl was willing to ask about the ''bible'' in my hand. We plan to go and see that family tomorrow and commit them all to baptism on December 14th.... how simple would that be to give a paperback copy of The Book Of Mormon away and have the possibility of a whole family being saved in the kingdom of god? And all of their generations? I am so happy for whoever of my ancestors accepted the gospel many years ago. I Elder Hales want to challenge my family and everyone to the same. Share a copy of The Book Of Mormon with someone. Weather member or nonmember. Challenge them to something specific, be direct and bare testimony. I promise you that the blessing of just doing something so simple but yet enormous task will bring more peace and joy into your life and the blessings that follow!
Love you tons ELDER HALES or as they say in Kenema ELDA HARRRRRiS
No comments:
Post a Comment