Monday, November 25, 2013

November 11 real post

We sent Elder Hales pictures of our branding calves and his littler brother riding one.

It was great to  hear of the cows.. the other day I had my first encounter with a real cow!  We were walking down a single trail through some kind of ''bushy'' place far out in our area.   I was in front and my companion behind.  We then heard some people shouting '' heya heya!'' we were timmid... companion what do we do.... what is it?  Just then the head of the cow came in sight. haaaaaa I said it was a massive beast!  We stepped out of their way and I was honestly frightened by the sight of such a big animal and such a creature. (mind you now this was just a normal cow, just cause I'm in Africa doesn't change anything) but its been so long working with our cows!!  haha so it was fun to see my little Brother on top of a giant beast like that! ''Ku-shay-ya!'' that was a good time to tell my companion what I did at home and worked on the farm.  Not being distracted we continued on to have a great day!

Then comes another day when I was on and exchange with an elder and we had worked hard all day and then we had and encounter with a man named Manseray.  It was starting to get dark and in haste trying to get home this man comes around a corner and steps in front of us.. '' Elders I greet you in the name of Jesus, peace be with you'' this man was literally in front of us! so we asked him his name and then he told us he was a secretary in his church and couldn't come to our church. he went on a blabbed on using scriptures, twisting them and trying to justify himself and the authority of god given unto him by rights of accepting Jesus as his savior..... this was a cheezy time to not a real discussion or anything that was productive for missionary work, this man was just weird.  He was going to a 'revival' in another church that was nearby.  We could hear the shouting and loud music of this apostate church that he was on route to attend, by invitation of the pastor of that particular church.  We invited him to ''The Church of Jesus Christ'' and he declined.  We gave him a pamphlet and then tried to leave.  As we were trying to walk away he grabbed my companions hand, thanked him for the pamphlet and then, in the street knelt down and bowed his head and said, pray for me!! haha I then was just laughing and having fun with this guy.  So I shot down to my knees and we prayed for him! oooohhh hopefully the spirit will touch his heart and he may be able to recognize the spirit and call us for more information on the true Church and Kingdom of God!

 Its coming to be week 5 of transfers and I can't believe it.  My companion  and I are having so much fun and are really teaching a lot of people. our branch is really supporting us on getting less active members back to the church.  As a missionary I have had the chance to hear the thoughts of less active members and see why they don't come to church anymore.  Surprisingly they just open up to the missionaries and tell their story.  It's really pathetic to hear on why people don't go to church and why they stopped going.  Something so small and simple and something that if it was looked through the eyes of someone reading the scriptures and praying everyday it would never happen. but too often times we get caught up in the things of the world and then bam! cut off from the spirit and Satan gets you by small means and then has your soul locked into condemnation!   But we have been really successful in bringing back many! almost 9 now! it continues to bring myself happiness in teaching recent converts and less active members. hopefully my 5 weeks here in the branch have been of good benefit!

Again my mission means everything to me and the whole world looks different through the eyes in which I have learned to see with. God lives and Jesus is the Christ and I know that they and my Heavenly Mother are looking down on me and watching over me each and everyday!

Love your son, boy and missionary ELDER HALES

No comments:

Post a Comment