Hey dad so this week was super fun I just want to tell you a story. I love telling stories....
so my companion and I (Elder Beckett) were on our way to go and pick up some mail at the couple missionaries. So we jumped on the motorcycle (taxis) and off we went. Elder Beckett and I were having fun. I was making faces at him and he to me. Then as we entered the highway we got up to a speed and then I saw destruction and a sight that I wasn't ready to see. I saw a motorcycle coming from the left side of the road, he was wanting to cross. I knew we were going to hit that man. I braced myself for a blow and bam! We hit. Everything started into slow motion and I was looking for my safety in the air. Clashing to the road my arms were being shredded by the grid. But luckily my mind was sharpened by the Lord and used the skills I have developed over the years of ridding petal bikes. I dug my elbow into the ground and stood to my feet. Still sliding on the road I came to a stop. Watching for cars and then got off the road to safety. My arm was bleeding badly and I knew I needed to stop it quick. Checked for my companion and then for the riders of the bikes. they were all in a place where no cars would hit them. I opened my backpack and pulled out my first aid kit. Used all my wipes and some hand sanitize and cleaned my wounds. Pulled my tie off straight and used it to stop the blood. What an adventure it was. I thank God for watching over me and protecting me. It should have been worse. I should have had a broken leg and arm but the angels around me have again blessed me. That was Thursday night. But earlier that day we had met one sister named sister Conteh. she had attended the church some 7 years back but when she got married she turned to muslam cause that was his religion. Instantly my companion and I decided that it was no use to talk to her but rather we needed to go and talk to the husband. We got his name and his address and left sister Contehs shop where she was selling goods and went straight to her house to meet the husband. As we met brother Abdule he was out under a tree and looking just like he was waiting or relaxing. But really he had a broken leg. His leg had been broken for 8 months now. The family didn't have enough money nor the medical knowledge around here to fix his broken leg. We felt very bad for him and turned immediately to the restored gospel and invited him to church. After we left, Elder Beckett and I didn't speak to much to to each other until the next appointment. It was the first time Elder Beckett had felt or seen, or heard something like such. My soul was grieved and felt so much love for this family already. What could I do? Yes I have money but can't give it. All we could do was pray. We said a prayer that day in his behalf searching of what we should do to help him. On Saturday my companion and I went back there and shared with him the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Focusing on the atonement of Jesus Christ. So powerful was the lesson and how great was the spirit as we testified. amazingly on Sunday he and his family came to church!! haha During the sacrament ordinance we saw out of the door he and his family walking in. Telling Elder Beckett he nearly shouted in a time of peace and quietness. We were so happy to see them. In between classes the Conteh family rejoiced as they met many of their fellow friends and family in the church in which they knew not of. What a miracle I have seen in this week. I just pray that I can keep the commandments of the Lord to continue to witness such miracles and to even have more in my life! The Lord is with me dad and I know that living the gospel brings so much happiness in our family at home. I hope that you and mom are continuing your studies of the gospel to understand more of what the Lord wants you to know concerning your family and decisions to take in this life. Again I will be forever in your debt for showing me just how to live the gospel. Each and everyday I feel so happy when I read and study. I feel like I just can't get my hands on enough learning materials. Kind of like when you and I started restoring the firebird... you remember what happened? We went to the book store and bought 50 or 60 dollars of books! Mayn you were crazy! I love you dad and hope that all is well this week and that the family is doing good. As for me I am well I am here and doing the work of the Lord harder than ever before making the most of it as I can.
Love ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment