Monday, September 23, 2013

Sick but Blessed to do What the Lord Requies

 This week was great! lots and lots of contacting again! I feel like a stateside missionary for once! haha JOKE!  We did so much contacting and found so many people.  The people that we found to teach were some sweet families. The children were readily interested and wanted to hear our messages.  The mothers were a little cold shouldering us, as they were cooking. and the fathers wanted to challenge us with their knowledge of the bible and misconceptions of the church and the book of Mormon.  But we were able to really teach them by more of telling a story in our contacting, and surprisingly the fathers ended up having many questions of the church answered and some even expressed feelings of finding something that they didn't know they were looking for! The Restored gospel! haha but we were able to see even some of them come to church.  That puts all kinds of relief on us that the work that we were doing is not in vain. But there wasn't to much fun stories to tell other than my companion and I are just having a good time talking about the culture and really learning him how to understand the people and how to speak for understanding.  Its always fun to see a new missionary and to see him start trying to speak krio. haha its that awkward language to talk and learn and when you start speaking it you think mayn I just sound dumb! so I have had fun watching Elder Beckett try and speak haha well I love him anyway!  This week I was sick. very sick. on Monday night I couldn't sleep and was waking up in the middle of the night not knowing what to do.  After a long night of spending out in the out house I was sick.  First thing I did was called upon the Elders of the apartment to give me a blessing and I wont forget how I felt during that prayer. I wrote it down too. and I just had the feeling of yes I will be able to do the things the Lord required of me today.  That day was a Tuesday which meant I needed to give and instruction for district meeting. but mustering up all my revelations received for that Tuesday to instruct the elders I was able to deliver the message that I feel the Lord wanted me to.  After that I just went straight into the room laid of the floor and collapsed (cause district meetings are held at our house).  The rest of the day was a bummer and a down day.  Though I felt like crap I knew that I was given just the strength to give my instruction.  Again the priesthood is real!  I know it and feel it each and everyday! matter in fact that was my topic I talked on when I left was the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed my life and made it so I could go on a mission.  It was a hard topic at the time but knowing what I know now and the testimony I have received of it. I can stand in front of a crowd of many and tell them of the true power and authority of God.

I love hearing about the baby in the family and cant wait to expect seeing another one when i get home. another part of the hales family. but she is a Clinton! haha its time for the Hales generation to continue!
  Don't worry about me now mom I am in good health and in good spirit. I love my mission and am just so thankful each and everyday for the opportunity to go on a mission.  It wasn't easy for me to get here but I love it. and thank you mom for comforting me through the hard times of my life when I was receiving a true testimony of the gospel.  Often times the apostles say that a testimony for a member growing up isn't about and experience but a gradual process.  That has been manifest in my life. each and everyday I gain a stronger and stronger testimony. I can't tell you how much I love you and miss hearing your voices but know that I am with you always in spirit and am coming home very very soon!

ELDER HALES

No comments:

Post a Comment