Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Journal Worthy

Really this week I have done a lot of reflecting on grandpa and Joseph Smith and comparing the two. Why? Well I was reading and Joseph after some time of being a servant of the Lord and prophet he delighted in trials and persecution that came his way and then I think of grandpa Ned.  What a wonderful man he himself never looked on trials with the slightest degree. I have been working on this characteristic this week to the best that I can. No there hasn't been any trials or terrible things in the mission but the trials of teaching people and seeing them fall through, getting rained on all day and soaked to the bone, or even coming to a crappy internet cafe! ha ha  On Saturday we had a baptism it was rather unfortunate that we didn't have a baptism, but as the district leader I wanted to go and witness the sisters in my districts baptism. As to where I got to interview the whole family of theirs I wanted to see them make this decision.  Well it was a joint baptism with other branches and a big one at that!  We had 11 people come to the waters and become converted. 5 were from the sisters in my district!!  Sister missionaries are powerful and really are "showing my elders how missionary work is done" ha ha What a wonderful time it is to be in the mission at this time.  We have 20 missionaries coming in next week and transfer news on Sunday coming.  We should be seeing many many changes in the missionary companionship's and branches in this transfer and the coming transfer. 20 more in the following and 20 after that. 42 extra missionaries!!! Wow the Lord is really hastening his work! Second coming soon? well nobody knows ;) - I went on an exchange with Elder Fonokalafi and he and I were having just a great time walking and talking about ways we can help someone with a non christian background come unto Christ, we were talking particularly about the Islamic prophet, prophet Mohammad. during the following lesson we were introducing the Book of Mormon and Elder Fonokalafi said, "Then the angel prophet Mohammad appeared to Joseph Smith in his room...." immediately he turned and looked at me with the expression on his face of "oh may what did I just do and say?!"  I then cut in as a small moment of silence lingered and corrected the mistake and helped this man Joseph to understand.  After the lesson he and I just laughed and laughed. I later told him that, that was worthy of going in my journal!  Wow how I have enjoyed being on this mission and teaching. I love teaching especially the gospel. To be able to go on exchange with missionaries and see their zeal and desire to serve the Lord it just gives me the assurance that its all true!

ELDER HALES - if your not on a mission, I would exhort you to embark on a journey and service to your God.


No comments:

Post a Comment