Monday, September 9, 2013

New Elder Beckett and Sons of Mosiah

Hey Mom, hey Dad, and hey everyone!
This week literally went by and was one of the fastest of my mission.  I received my new companion on Wednesday afternoon and then waited till his bags came on another truck.   He (unlike me) got the opportunity to ride on public transport taking a bus to Bo.  But we hit the study table right off the bat and I let him know what was going on that day and a little bit about the investigators and then off we went! Teaching the gospel and I told him that it was up to him to extend all the baptismal commitments that day and for the rest of the week.  We did a lot of contacting as to our area has been taken up by other missionaries in the area's.  But he just was straight forward and just like a pro, teaching and testifying!  Even inviting people to be baptized!  Such a fun elder to be with!  He is from California the southern part and we are just going to have a fun time together!  Later that same evening when he arrived we ate... yes rice and tomato stew!  We are just really enjoying!   Later on in the week we were just trying to get all the records from one book to the other and that was just taking about all the time that we had at the house.  Seriously I don't know where time goes anymore.  I won't lie I even missed two days this week writing in my journal (I know grandma that's bad) but as we were really just putting all out into the work the time is just gone and we are just doing the work of the Lord the best we can.  We had one sweet lesson with a man named Senessie, and brother Senessie is from another christian faith and is the head of his own church.  We asked him if we could start with a prayer and he said he would like to start with a song instead.. ha ha  So we sung out of his hymn book and wow it was apostate!  But it was fun and brought the spirit into the lesson.  Then started with a prayer ha ha.  When we met him we just talked straight about families and how important they are and never really spoke much about our church.  We just told modern revelations about how families can be together forever. Told him of the plan of salvation and he was shocked.  After few days of follow up we came back and sung families can be together forever.  And everything in the lesson we tied back into the song.  The spirit was so strong and then BAM!  Elder Beckett invites him to church next week.  The man said yes!  So we're excited for him to come this week.  Other than that it was just a bunch of contacting and learning how to get ourselves into the culture more and continue with the work!
Elder Hales New Companion Elder Beckett with President and Sister Oster

My district is ELDER TUCKER, ELDER PENIA   ELDER MANZINII,  ELDER AMEWORLOR, ELDER BECKETT and I.  We are just having a good time together.  We're from all over the world literally Idaho, Samoa, South Africa and Ghana!  But what ties us together is the gospel and our mission.  We are all brothers and get along just great.  It's funny how the gospel can do that to people eh? ha ha  I feel like we are the sons of Mosiah and every night we come home and just rejoice together and tell what happened during the day.  It's true we're like a family!

  To my family I just want to let you guys know how much I love each and everyone of you.  I know that this church is true.  Its simple but yet complex the mysteries of God are being opened up to me each and everyday that I read the scriptures and really thing about the principles in them that our Heavenly Father wants me to learn.  If I come home with anything it will be my scriptures in my hand and my testimony in my heart that is carved and sunk deep into my soul.

God lives and Jesus really is the Christ -love Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment