All we got from Elder Hales this week was a copy and paste which he sent to President Ostler. I shouldn't say all we got. We chatted small via email when he was online. Elder Hales is doing great and loves to teach and train and he is excited about all the new missionaries come into his mission.
Dear President,
First off I want to thank you for receiving the revelations and impressions that you have on me in being called as a new trainer and a district leader. I know it’s not easy to have the calling that you have. Thank you.
Wow! A whole new district and new missionaries. New apartment. Well I guess its time for new instructions as a district leader. I want to continue to focus on the family and use preach my gospel much more with having my district members teach small instructions from it. I feel that it will help them even prepare for leadership positions that will come, in the mission, at home and even in the next life.
This past week it was fun teaching with elder magrangqa we were able to even see a conversion. Both were part member families. Brother Emmanuel was one. We have been teaching the whole family but have had little success getting into the heart of the mother. And much with the father. But we put much pressure on the family that they needed to be there for Emmanuel’s baptism. We made it seem like it was the most serious thing that a person could ever do in their life (which it is) and upon our arrival to the chapel the water was down. :( Our branch missionaries had failed us... But as we waited for the font to fill up and the baptism was delayed small. The family showed up late! But it was on time according to the water level. The mother sat eager in the front next to her son and the family behind. At the end as we were singing 220 in the hymns (I conducting the service) saw tears come from her eyes... wow i know she felt the spirit so strong there. Mistake that our branch missionaries failed us? Well in a way yes. And in another way no! The lord is really here in the new London branch watching over us!
I am doing well and in good health I am looking forward to receiving anew companion and to just open up my arms to him and tell him that we are going to have fun!
ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment