Another experience that we had this week was we met a pastor, yes, another pastor. I dunno why I always meet them but I guess its seemed fit. Pastor (I'll leave his name out on this one) was a man that is looking to destroy the church (almost like a Book of Mormon story) but he had previously bought lots and lots of church manuals and literature from a member (yes he paid for free stuff) and read them. His goal was to write papers and books to try to stop people from joining the "latta days" turns out he couldn't find too much to write about other than the temple. And in that he didn't know much of what to write. (he asked where he could read about what goes on in the temple, ha ha I just laughed and asked him if he had never read the scriptures) As my companion and I went and met with him we thought it would be nice to start the message of the restoration with him. Once we got to Joseph Smith he tried to counter it with this scripture 2 Corinthians 11; 13-16.
13 For such are afalse apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for aSatan himself is transformed into an bangelof light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose aend shall be according to their works.
16 I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool areceive me, that I may bboast myself a little.
haha it really was an approach that I had never seen. But after reminding him small of the writer who wrote that book (Paul) telling and asking him if it not had been Paul that seen a light and was converted? He was quiet then and we bore powerful testimony that he can only know if he reads ponders and prays. At the end of the lesson in his prayers he prayed and asked God to open our eyes (not his) to see the truth. It's crazy to see how many people with turn down a simple invitation to witness a miracle in their lives. Its simple read, ponder and pray. I DID IT! I never knew it until I had my life changed in the summer of 2010!
Hey Dad we are in need of couple missionaries and I was thinking of some people who should totally come to Africa on mission that is the Duffins!! The old stake president!! Well anyone really. If you know anyone who is planning on going on a mission and wants to come to Africa for 1 year or more tell them to put in their papers and request West Africa area! We need more missionaries here! If they can handle living in this country come on over!!!!
ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment