Happy New Year!!!
Can you believe that it is 2014 already!! I know it’s crazy. Well this past week has just flown right on by and my companion and I didn't seem to do too much but in the long side of things we did lots! On Monday we went to Freetown and that was just fun a nice road trip for 4 hours! When we got into Freetown it was crazy how clearly I remembered everything but wow it was so busy and so many people were there for the holiday. I was overwhelmed and a little stress let I not lie. But we hung out and spent the night with the assistants in Freetown and I used a washing machine to wash my shirt!!! Wow I felt so lazy! It didn't even clean it that well! But it just reminded me of how much time modern innovations can save people. Our meeting was great and we talked bochu bochu about the mission and the things that are happening in the church and it’s crazy to see all of what’s happening! We have an elder in the mission who is training two missionaries at the same time and even a sister who is training two sisters at the same time!! They are both great missionaries! It was nice to spend some time in the office and get to know the Couple missionaries. It would be great to have more here in the mission!!! I promise you wouldn't be disappointed in the great work that the Lord has here. It’s really a miracle! Send in your papers and request to go to West Africa!! It’s really a book of Mormon story!!! We finally made our way back to the south of the country. We took a government bus. We went straight and got tickets from a local bus driver that we knew and he put us on straight and we didn't have to wait in line at all! I felt really bad though because some of the people were waiting for long hours during the night for tickets. Then on the bus the people were just talking crazy bad about us cause of what we had done. Ha-ha I don’t think they knew we could understand the language. But we ended up making it and dropping off the Elders in Bo. But my companion and I continued and went to Kenema to look at an apartment to put sister missionaries in! It was a good place and looked like a fun one to be in for missionaries. Upon arriving in Bo we had more things to attend to with apartments and we didn't teach our first lesson taaaaeeeeee evening time. We have taught a total of few lessons this week and I tell you the lessons that we had were so sweet! We were teaching a sister named Hanna. The topic was the plan of salvation and she understood it so well. Everything just made sense to her about the fall of Adam and Eve. The spirit was so strong and she was asking “perfect questions” after the whole lesson she had a question... that was... “my pastor told me at judgment the only people that need to fear is Adam and Eve cause they are the ones that committed the first sin and are responsible for everyone else’s sins. Is that right?” we told her the answer and told her that that would be like denying the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In that moment I thought a lot about what my mouth just had let out. It’s true though the notion that Adam and Even put sin upon everyone that comes into the world is false doctrine and denying our savior and his Atonement that he made for us. I believe and know that Jesus Christ has paid the price for everyone’s sins and transgressions that has ever come in the world and is to come. We just have to believe on his words and follow them to receive the mercy of the father to fulfill and pay the demands of justice. I testify of Jesus Christ as our savior to all men and women all over. That brought me the most happiness of the week in those few moments and lessons that we had are the most meaningful things that we had done this week. We didn’t have any crazy stories of bus accidents or any wrecks. Just a normal super busy week. One cool thing I did was carry a mattress on a motorcycle a couple of miles for a missionary to sleep on while my companion followed behind with his luggage.
This week my companion and I are going to be helping a lot in transferring missionaries all over the southern part of the mission and its going to be really fun! I hope to take lots of pictures so that I can capture these few moments incoming missionaries and outgoing missionaries away from loved companions and friends. I think this week is going to be fun!
Mom Dad, I am doing great and I can say I am the most pure I have ever been in my entire life. This whole week has been nothing but a good time to ponder the mysteries of God and how much he is apart of my life. I have felt the Atonement in my life so much and know of the power behind it. It has power to cleanse, heal and brighten a soul to the path of eternal life and happiness in the eternities. I desire the same blessings to be upon my family at all times. I love you both and can't wait to talk to you next week!
Love ELDER HALES
No comments:
Post a Comment