Monday, January 27, 2014

Seeing the Results of Planting Seeds

I got the packages and they are great thank you so so much.  I loved the pictures in them and it makes me just remember how much I love my family!  The one package was sealed and not tampered with. the other was open small.  It had jerky and I think pictures and something else. But it was missing the compas.  But I did get it all in good faith!!!  That makes I think 20 or 30 chap sticks that I have now!!! haha it's hot here yes, but it's humid and not dry.  We don't need chap stick haha but I love the care you guys have for me. Well I printed some pictures last week and they should be leaving the country on Friday.  I sent them like a post card type of thing.  But I don't trust the computers here!  The internet and power is not working that great this week.  So I'll just tell something small and leave it at that....

Every week we get to ride bikes into town for things that we do and we pass my old area that I served in and I always see this investigator named Junior.  When I was there he was never baptized but was investigating the church... so I wave every time I pass and on Saturday, Elder Jones and I went to a baptism to witness and guess who was there dressed in white?  It was Junior!!!!  I was so happy I asked him, "wetin he can do niya"?  He said he's coming to baptize someone????? What?!  I thought after more conversation he told me that he had been baptized some few weeks later and holds the priesthood and is now baptizing his aunty!!!!  So sweet.  That same day baptizing was the Ansumana Family.  They were the referral that Brother Issac savage gave to Elder Tucker and I when I was in Njagboima!!! My happiness and joy was so full that day. (for us in Sierra Leone we have lots of conversions) its taken Elder Jones and I over a month now not having a baptism and its kinda been getting me down that I'm not doing the work of the Lord.  But Saturday just was a confirmation to me that no effort that was true goes in vain. *note the wording. "effort that was true" any work that we do as missionaries that is true in our hearts and is done with full purpose is great in the eyes of God and is directed by his hands.  I know that I was a "planter" of the seeds for Junior and Ansumana Family for them to receive this gospel!  What a great work this is in the world!  Being a missionary is great!

Hey dad sorry so short but just know that I am here still kickin it and doing great doing the work of the Lord.  Greet the family for me and tell them all that I love them.  I am really interested in the work that you and Caleb have started in this new company... the thought came to Elder Jones and I as we handed over the check for 70 something million leones for an apartment, we're just small boys... a multi-billion dollar organization (putting a side the ecclesiastical part of things) with just a few old men to direct the affairs all over the world in this missionary efforts. hahaha this mission is really the best preparation that I could ever make for life. and you could probably say the same thing dad! We don't have our truck yet... I guess Brother and Sister Seader need a truck in Freetown while the Burns are still here for a week..... haha so we'll get it soon.  I don't even know if I'll ever meet the Seaders to be honest with ya. hahahaha but we'll see real soon.

 love you guys ELDER HALES

No comments:

Post a Comment