With the permission from Elder Sumrak mother I was able to pull the following from Elder Sumrak blog site
Elder Sumrak and Elder Hales became friends in the Ghana MTC, now in Sierra Leone Freetown Mission living under the same roof.
Here is a few paragraphs from Elder Sumrak blog:
So, unorganized but gosh that is so sweet that Elder Bednar came and
Elder Sumrak and Elder Hales became friends in the Ghana MTC, now in Sierra Leone Freetown Mission living under the same roof.
| President and Sister Roggia and Elder Sumrak |
Here is a few paragraphs from Elder Sumrak blog:
So, unorganized but gosh that is so sweet that Elder Bednar came and
visited! i am so jealous! I doubt an apostle will visit while I am
here, having Elder Holland so recently. But as the saying goes
for everything here, well at least for me and Elder Hales,
TIA (This is Africa). Spider in your cereal? TIA. No running water
today? TIA. Someone pooping on the side of the road? TIA. Get your
pants splashed? TIA. PUMWEI, WAMPATU, WHITE MAN....TIA. but, it is
okay :) we love it here. Let me talk a little bit about my Dear Elder
Hales:
Elder Hales is my MTC mate from Spanish Fork, Utah. He is companions
with Elder Symons. He is pretty much the man! He lives on a farm back
home, so he can pretty much do anything here. From fixing the toilet,
to the stove, to the shower, to jerry rigging just about anything, he
is the man to go to. We usually have our nightly conversations about
our day, and have started a tradition of our nightly melo (hot
chocolate) and we talk about how the day went and about everything
TIA. and about our Dates back home (DATE = girlfiend, but you don't
say girlfriend here because that implies that you have violated the
law of chastity) hahaha. So, we are pretty much best buds. I am really
happy that he is here with me. Both being fresh, it really is a giant
relief to have someone chill to talk to. He wants me to come home and
work with him on the farm, like 15 minutes out of Provo. I am
strongly considering it hahah. Well, not interfering with my school
time at least, or my time with Jenalyn :) but yeah, that would be
maybe something to do.
So, my companion, and the Zone leaders believe that I will be training
someone after my 12 weeks of training are up. I am kinda nervous but
they believe I will be. There are 17 new missionaries coming and only
2 leaving I believe, which means that I will probably be training a
freshie, as will Elder Hales, which means I may get to be with Elder
Hales for 6 months, which would be super sweet :)
No comments:
Post a Comment