 |
| Streets in Freetown are full of people and taxis |
Our
house is on same spot at the mission office. my companion and i travel to hill station
everyday by a taxi. and yes i pray as soon as i get in that taxi cause everyday
there are wrecks and the cars are a joke here and its sketchy getting up to the
area. but i love it picture a volkswagon bus (small bus) with 25 people in
it.... thats how we get to our area everyday and the adventures begin!--
 |
| One spider in Sierra Leone |
yes other elders, definently has told more about where we live and our house. but i dont mind it its good. diffrent from home but i like it. cold showers out of a bucket everyday (Which i challenge everyone who readys to try.. simple get a five gallon bucket fill with cold water use a cup and shower yourself.. tell me how it goes) the power is iffy at times but its okay cause i have my grandpas kick trash flashlight. and the bugs....yea so what there maybe a few hundred spiders and things in the house, yeah some of them might just be the size of my hand but they make a good crunch when you kill em!!
 |
| Another spider from Sierra Leone |
there's a couple monkeys that usually stroll by from time to time... couple wild dogs and washing our clothes from a bucket is nothing new, ITS HOME NOW haha i guess for now.
 |
| Monkey photo taken off mission blog site |
Elder Sumrack and Elder Ngerem are the other companions that are in the appartment with us they put such a smile on my face everyday. Elder Ngerem is from nigera, and is always singing in all sorts of ways and is always dancing and keeps me laughing and keeps my spirit so strong!! they are the best!! i have not got any packages yet which is dissapointing but okay. okay. theyll get here when they get here I guess. anything you would like to send that you think would be nice here in africa is always welcome to send-- i need some very basic recipes on things, this rice and oatmeal is getting old haha.
I was so excited to get your message. I had been looking on the missionary moms email list for a Hales because I wanted to contact your family. I too am so thankful for your son - he sounds like an awesome young man! It would be great if you put Elder Sumrak's comments on your son's blog and put his blog link. I would love to put your son's link on Jesse's page as well. I just have to take the time to figure out how to do more things on the blog :) I am so thankful that our sons have each other for support and encouragement. We pray a lot for him as I am sure you do for your son :)My husband and I and our younger son are planning on coming to BYU to visit our older son and his wife sometime during the Fall. Maybe we could get together and visit and take a picture to send our children! I am sure that they would love it. I am on facebook - Lisa Sumrak - if anyone in your family is on there and you can email me at lisasumrak@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for contacting us. It is comforting just knowing that other parents are out there just like us.