Thursday, August 23, 2012

More from Elder Sumrak

Good ole Elder Sumrak his emails are always full of detail.
Thank you so much everyone that wrote me dear elders or letters last week (haven't received this week) Thank you dear moma, Elder Hales Father (by the way, he was on to me right away when I said fence stories and started laughing and was like "jeff jeff jeff...." but, he really enjoyed it. Your son is doing well and we are taking extra good care of him here. I make sure I share all my snacks with him so we both enjoy various american goodies.

From Elder Sumrak again, Elder Hales always fixing something.
sleeping conditions...hahaha well, until last week they really sucked. I sleep on the top bunk, and the fan has to be placed underneath my net so it works. So...the fan is making contact with my face while I sleep. Also, there was not room for the net to be taunt since I was on top bunk, so it hang really loosely and sometimes would touch me...which is a nononono. I sleep with the stretchy sheet attached to my body (the one meant to go on mattress) so that the air from the fan doesn't get inside the sheets hahah, funny huh? At night, especially when it rains, it can get freezing, while I still got fan on of course ;) I have to put my hoody on and also my blanket, but I have to keep fan on to block out the noise from my companions radio (that I bought him) because he plays it so loud every night. But, Elder HALES TO THE RESCUE! The other night he went outside and broke some sticks and smoothed em all out, attached em together with duck tape, came and nailed extra hooks into my celiing, placed the makeshift poles at all corners of the bed, and made my bed sweet and the net doesn't touch me any longer. Gosh, that guy can do anything, I am very grateful for him :) 

The picture below is not Elder Sumrak or Elder Hales bed, just one somewhere in the mission field.
Elder Sumrak bed and netting

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for your son:) He is so kind to mine. I hope they get to stay together as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete